Saturday, September 5, 2020

My Plans or His Purposes

 Scripture:

“You can make many plans, but the Lord’s purpose will prevail.”

‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭19:21‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

In this passage we are told that God’s purposes are going to prevail no matter what plans we make.  It is not saying that making plans is bad.  Rather, it is saying that God doesn’t have to consult our plans to determine His actions.  

Application:

It is Our job to seek out the Lord and see what His purposes are.  When we make plans according to what we want, without consulting the Lord, we may find out His purpose was different than ours.  It is better to seek the Lord before making our plans than to make them and hope the Lord will bless them.  He is not obligated to our plans, but to do His will.

Prayer:

Father, let my plans align with Your desires and purpose for my life.  Teach me to follow You well and to do exactly what You are doing.  My plans are useless without Your input.  Speak clearly to me and let me follow Your will at all times.  I align myself with You.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment