Sunday, September 6, 2020

Godly Fear and True Humility

 Scripture:

“True humility and fear of the Lord lead to riches, honor, and long life.”

‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭22:4‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Trues humility recognizes that there must also be a false humility.  God wants people to be real and honest and not fake or phony.  If true humility leads to riches, honor, and long life, then false humility must lead to poverty, disrespect, and a short life.

Application:

Walking in true humility is powerful.  Moses was the most humble person on the earth.  God loves humility.  Humility recognizes that any good thing in your life came from God and not from your own plans, purposes or work.  In the NT we are told to humble ourselves under the mighty hand of God and we will be lifted up in due season.  I would rather the LORD lift me up than to lift myself up.  

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk in true humility, sincere and from the heart.  Your are my everything and I love You so much.  Teach me the ways of the humble.  Let me not be falsely humble, but truly humble.  I recognize that in me there is nothing good unless You do it.  Be with me today and bless my life.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment