Saturday, September 12, 2020

Do it Well!

 Scripture:

“Whatever you do, do well. For when you go to the grave, there will be no work or planning or knowledge or wisdom.”

‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭9:10‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Solomon had so much great stuff to say in Ecclesiastes, but his statements about death are awesome.  He tells us here that whatever we do, we should do well, because once we go to the grave, there is no more planning, or knowledge or wisdom.  It won’t do us any good in the grave, but if we work hard and plan well on the earth we can see the fruit of our labor.

Application:

Whatever we do in life, we should do with all our heart.  Paul relates this as well in the New Testament.  As believers, we should do everything well because we represent Christ to a lost world.  They should see greatness in us because God is in us.  I want to raise my level of doing things well and make more impact with my life.

Prayer:

Father, help me to not settle for good when You are calling me to great.  Help me to become a person of excellence in every area of my life.  Help me to discipline myself to do things well instead of jut doing things.  I want to represent You well in my generation.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment