Thursday, September 3, 2020

Control Your Tongue

 Scripture:

“Those who control their tongue will have a long life; opening your mouth can ruin everything.”

‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭13:3‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

This proverb says that those who control their tongue, in other words, those who speak cautiously, will have long life.  He goes on to say that opening your mouth, or speaking before you think, can ruin everything.  

Application:

Our words are powerful and we must harness them for good purposes.  Long life is promised to those who control their tongue and don’t just let it say whatever it wants.  I need to learn when to speak and when to stay silent.  I need to develop more in how to speak the right words at the right time and in the right way.

Prayer:

Father, help me to say the hard things instead of just the things that are nice and pleasant.  Help me to control my tongue and not ruin things because I thought I had to speak.  Teach me to walk with the wise and learn how to speak effectively to each person around me.  Let my words bring life and fruit to those around me.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment