Friday, September 11, 2020

Funerals instead of Parties

 Scripture:

“Better to spend your time at funerals than at parties. After all, everyone dies— so the living should take this to heart.”  Ecclesiastes‬ ‭7:2‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

King Solomon is credited with being the wisest man to ever live on the earth.  He had so many accomplishments in so many areas.  He truly wanted to understand everything there was.  After seeking wisdom and accomplishing great things, he tells us here that it is better to spend our time at funerals than at parties.  He says that everyone dies so we should take this to heart.  

Application:

At funerals, you learn the impact of a life for good or for evil.  Some funerals are like great celebrations of a life well lived.  Some funerals are a couple people getting together humbly and quietly because the person who died didn’t influence many people in life, or they lived a bad life.  Being around funerals keeps your perspective clear and helps you stay focused on what is important in life.

Prayer:

Father, you know the desire of my heart.  I want to hear “Well done good and faithful servant” when I see Your face.  Help me to live each day with that in mind.  Help me to learn from others who truly made a difference in with their lives.  Help me to think more about my funeral than about my next vision or dream.  Empower me to live a life that affects eternity for multitudes.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment