Thursday, April 2, 2020

Peace in Troubled Times

Scripture:

“Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”
‭‭John‬ ‭14:27‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Jesus was preparing for his death and departure.  He told His disciples that He was leaving them His peace and He was leaving it with them.  He told them not to let their heart be troubled or be afraid.  He knew they were going to go through some really tough times.  They were about to see Him arrested, falsely accused and killed.  They needed peace and to know that all of this was somehow in the will of God.  Jesus, knowing what they would go through, left His peace with them.

Application:

No matter what we are going through today, Jesus knew about it long ago and He has left His peace with us to help us not to be afraid or filled with anxiety.  The closer we walk with Christ, the more of His peace we will have in troubled times.  We must allow the peace of God to fill our hearts, but we can’t make that happen, we can just hang out with the Prince of Peace, and His peace will fill our hearts.

Prayer:

Father, in this trying time of COVID 19, let me walk in Your peace.  Let me be led forth with peace.  Let Your peace fill my heart that I may minister from a place of peace and rest.  I am Yours.  Thank You for leaving me Your peace so I can walk in it.  Let my mind be stayed on you, then I can walk in perfect peace.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment