Friday, April 3, 2020

One

Scripture:

“And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.”
‭‭John‬ ‭17:22-23‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Jesus was near the very end of His life and He was praying for His disciples in these verses.  He spoke to the Father and said He had given them the glory which the Father had given Him so they could be one like the Father and the Son.  He went on to say that we would be made perfect in one so the world would know that the Father sent Christ and that God loves them.

Application:

Jesus said we would be one with the Father and the Son.  When a husband and wife come together, they become one.  They function as one instead of as two.  They are one, yet two.  In the same way, when we come to Christ we are one with Him and He is one with the Father.  When the world sees us, they should see Jesus and the Father in us and they should know that God loves us.  Just as this Coronavirus spreads from person to person without diminishing, so Christ can be in each person and never diminish.  We each have the fulness of Christ in us and should radiate that to the world because we are one with Him.  

Prayer:

Jesus, let me become one with You more and more.  Let me radiate Your glory through my life and my interactions.  When people hear me speak, let them hear You speak.  Let me become more like You in every area.  Fill my life and let me walk as one with You.  Let me spread your love stronger that the Coronavirus spreads fear and germs.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment