Monday, March 30, 2020

The Spirit Gives Life

Scripture:

“It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭6:63‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Jesus had just told the people that He was the bread who came down from heaven.  He also told them that they needed to eat His flesh and drink His blood.  Many turned away.  In this situation, the Lord said, “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing.  The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.”  Spirit produces life and His words are spirit and life.

Application:

We need to eat, feast on, the words of Christ.  His words are life and spirit.  There is true life in the Spirit.  He is the life giver and the one who fills us to overflowing with eternal life.  All I can do in the flesh is of no profit, but what comes from the Spirit is always powerful. I need to spend more time with the Holy Spirit and know HIs voice better.  I want to live out of the Spirit and not out of the flesh.  I want my life to count for Christ, therefore I need to walk in the Spirit at a greater level.

Prayer:

Lord God, help me to keep my eyes on You, the giver of life.  You are my life, my passion, my strength and my redeemer.  You are my everything.  Help me to focus more on You during the day and to seek Your face more and more.  Enable me to walk with You through life, impacting people all along the way.  I want to live life to the fullest and that is only possible when I live in the Spirit.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment