Saturday, January 4, 2020

When God Says Go

Scripture:

“Then Abram took Sarai his wife and Lot his brother’s son, and all their possessions that they had gathered, and the people whom they had acquired in Haran, and they departed to go to the land of Canaan. So they came to the land of Canaan.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭12:5‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

When Abram was called to leave the place of his mother and father and go to a new land, he didn’t leave his roots in his hometown.  He picked up everything they owned and moved to the new location.  He didn’t have a backup plan for coming home if it didn’t work out.  He simply obeyed the call of the Lord and went forward with everything he had.

Application:

When God says Go, the only response is to pick up what we have and move forward without looking back or having an exit plan in case it doesn’t work out.  When God calls you to a place, you have to put down roots and plan to stay.  Just as Abram took ALL his possessions and ALL his family, we must be willing to move when God says move and do it with everything we have.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to follow You completely in every area of my life.  When you speak, I want to follow wholeheartedly.  I want to move forward into whatever you call me to do.  Let my roots go down deep into Loudoun County, the place You have called me to.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment