Wednesday, January 8, 2020

The Lord Will Provide

Scripture:

Genesis 22:14 "And Abraham called the name of the place, The-Lord-Will-Provide; as it is said to this day.  'In the Mount of the Lord it shall be provided.'"

Observation:

Abraham had proved to the Lord that he was willing to offer everything he had, his only son, Isaac as a sacrifice to the Lord.  He was just about to sacrifice his son when an angel of the Lord stopped him and said he had proven he would withhold nothing from the Lord.  He then saw a ram caught in the thicket and knew God had provided the sacrifice.

Application:

When we have really given our everything to the Lord, we will know Him as Jehovah Jireh.  He is a provider to those who are willing to lay everything down before Him.  God takes care of His own.  He is our provider and knows every need in our lives.  I need to trust God more in the area of provision and not worry about where the resources are going to come from.  He is my provider!

Prayer:

Father, You have been faithful to me all the days of my life.  You have provided over and over again for me and my family.  You have proved Yourself faithful to me.  Help me to trust You more and not to worry about provision.  I want to do everything You call me to do, therefore help me to take steps of faith and obedience knowing You will provide.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment