Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Original Intent

Scripture:

“Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.””
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭1:28‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Whenever you want to understand something, you have to look to the original intent of the designer.  What did the creator intend for that thing?  Here God creates man and tells him his intentions, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over” all of creation.  God designed man to rule over His creation and have dominion over it.

Application:

God didn’t make me to whine and complain about my surroundings, but to have dominion over them.  God didn’t make me to be dominated by anything but Him and therefore, I must learn to walk in the dominion of His original intent.  He made us like Him and we are to walk in His authority and power.  My goal is to walk in God’s original intent.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to walk with You and to have dominion in my sphere of influence.  Help me to make the world a better place and to change it for Your glory.  Teach me to live a life of faith and to become an excellent representative of You on this earth.

Happy New Year,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment