Friday, January 10, 2020

Let God Defend Me

Scripture:

“So my righteousness will answer for me in time to come, when the subject of my wages comes before you: every one that is not speckled and spotted among the goats, and brown among the lambs, will be considered stolen, if it is with me.””
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭30:33‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Jacob had spent many years serving Laban for his daughters and God had blessed Laban because of Jacob.  As they were separating and Jacob was asking to leave and build his own family and household, Jacob told Laban to give him all the streaked, spotted and speckled sheep and goats.  This way he was giving Laban the best of them all.  He was trusting God to take the worst and make them strong so Laban couldn’t accuse him of anything.

Application:

Jacob said the words, “my righteousness will answer for me in time to come.”  He was believing that God could take the worst and make it the best.  He also was trusting that God would defend him instead of defending himself.  Sometimes the best thing we can do is let the Lord defend us instead of arguing about what we deserve or fighting for things.  I need to let God defend me and bless me, then people will see that He is good and blesses His people.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk in humility and always do the right thing.  Teach me to not defend myself and argue and fight for myself, but to follow You completely and with all my heart.  You are my defense! Help me to trust You in that instead of feeling the need to defend my thoughts, actions, etc.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment