Wednesday, January 15, 2020

It Was God All Along

Scripture:

“And God sent me before you to preserve a posterity for you in the earth, and to save your lives by a great deliverance.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭45:7‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

When Joseph finally revealed himself to his brothers, who had sold him into slavery, he told them that God had sent him ahead of them to save their lives with a great deliverance.  Joseph, instead of being full of revenge, simply acknowledged that God had been working this whole time.  It was about 17 years from the dream to the fulfillment of it.  It took being a slave and a prisoner to get Joseph where he needed to be, but God was working all along to bring him into his destiny.

Application:

Sometimes when things go wrong in our lives we feel like we are out of the will of God and that God is far off.  When things don’t go as planned, it is easy to feel like God has deserted us.  Maybe it is God working in our lives all along to get us where we need to be in order to fulfill His will for our lives.  I may go through some difficult seasons, but if I remain faithful to the Lord, He will turn all of it around for His glory and the fulfillment of my destiny.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You know my heart and desire to serve You and follow You.  You are working in my life right now, even though it doesn’t feel like it.  I surrender to Your will and ask You to help me to pass every test and to remain faithful to You and Your kingdom.  Help me to have the right attitude at all times as I do my best to serve You well.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment