Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Escape For Your Life

Scripture:

“So it came to pass, when they had brought them outside, that he said, “Escape for your life! Do not look behind you nor stay anywhere in the plain. Escape to the mountains, lest you be destroyed.””
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭19:17‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Two angels had come to Sodom to destroy it, but they were also to rescue Lot and his family before the destruction came.  They told Lot to escape for your life and don’t look back or stay anywhere in the plain.  Destruction was coming and the angels warned them to get going asap and not look back.  Later, in verse 26 we see that Lot’s wife looked back and became a pillar of salt.

Application:

When God tells us to move ahead, we can’t keep looking back to camping in the land where we are from.  When God calls us to do something, we must move with Him and not look back.  Jesus said things like, “any man who puts his hand to the plow and looks back, is not fit for the Kingdom of God.”  What God is going to do next is ahead of us, not behind us.  We must be a forward thinking people.

Prayer:

Father, help me not to live in the past, but to move into my future and where You are taking me.  Teach me that what is ahead of me is more valuable then what is behind me.  When You speak, enable me to obey quickly and move forward.  Let my eyes be open to see what You are doing and to hear what You are saying.  Let my heart be prepared to move when You say move.  I want to be in step with You.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment