Saturday, January 18, 2020

Communication Through Dreams

Scripture:

“But when he heard that Archelaus was reigning over Judea instead of his father Herod, he was afraid to go there. And being warned by God in a dream, he turned aside into the region of Galilee.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭2:22‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

In Matthew chapter 2 there are four times where people were warned by God in a dream.  Of course this is in dealing with the safety of the Son of God, but there is validity to God speaking to people in dreams.  God definitely communicated with the people of this story through dreams.  They had to walk in confidence that their dreams were actually God speaking to them and leading them.

Application:

God spoke to people in the Scriptures through dreams very often.  Today if we tell someone God spoke to us through a dream there is immediately some resistance because the source of dreams is a contention.  As for me, I want God to communicate with me through dreams for my personal life as He did in the story above.  The Word of God is our primary source of revelation from God, but there are times we need direction about specific things in our lives.  I believe God still speaks and I want Him to speak to me clearly.

Prayer:

Father, speak to me through Your word.  Speak to me through the inner leading of the Holy Spirit.  Speak to me through visions.  Speak to me through dreams.  Simply put God, I want to hear from You concerning my life.  Open my ears to hear from You and my eyes to see You more clearly each day.  I want to do Your will.  I just want to be very clear about what Your will is each day.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment