Saturday, November 9, 2019

You Will Know

Scripture:

“Ezekiel is an example for you; you will do just as he has done. And when that time comes, you will know that I am the Sovereign Lord.””
‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭24:24‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Ezekiel was told by the Lord that his wife was going to die, but that he shouldn’t mourn or do any of the normal grieving.  He was to show the people that they wouldn’t even mourn when their Temple and everything they have known was taken away.  He closes this section by saying that then they will know that I am the Sovereign Lord.

Application:

God’s desire, even in powerful judgment, has always been that His people would know and serve Him as Lord of their lives.  Even in His times of fierce judgement, God has always had redemption as His purpose.  He has always looked for a people who would be completely His and who would have Him as their only God.  When we make Him the true Lord of our lives, He is very pleased and His blessings begin to flow.

Prayer:

Father, I want my life to honor You and please You.  Be glorified in all that I say and do.  Help me to be a good example for You.  Today as I minister in Ghana, help me to represent You well.  Work with me to confirm the words I speak on Your behalf.  Build Your Kingdom here today I pray.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment