Monday, November 4, 2019

Scripture:

“Then when they are exiled among the nations, they will remember me. They will recognize how hurt I am by their unfaithful hearts and lustful eyes that long for their idols. Then at last they will hate themselves for all their detestable sins.”  ‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭6:9‬ ‭NLT‬

Observation:

God here explains why He is bringing judgment on His people.  He starts by saying that after the judgment, they will remember Him and recognize how hurt He was by them when they went after idols.  He finishes by saying, then they will hate themselves for all their detestable sins.  God’s punishment had a purpose, to bring His people back to Him.

Application:

God’s main reason for punishing people in the Old Testament was so they would realize their wrongdoing and come back to Him.  He wanted to bless them, but couldn’t until they were right with Him and turned away from all idols in their lives.  He hurts when we disobey Him.  Like a father who wants to bless his son, but can’t because the son is doing wrong, so the Lord wants to bless us if we will follow Him wholeheartedly.

Prayer:

Father, I don’t want my life to hurt You in any way.  I want You to be pleased with me at all times.  Keep me in check by Your Spirit.  When I am start in a wrong direction, step in and turn me around.  I want to walk in step with Your Spirit.  I want to walk in Your blessing.  Thank You for blessing my life in so many ways.  You are incredible.

Yours,
Jeff‬

No comments:

Post a Comment