Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Like Birds From a Cage

Scripture:

““This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I am against all your magic charms, which you use to ensnare my people like birds. I will tear them from your arms, setting my people free like birds set free from a cage.”
‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭13:20‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, the Lord is speaking to the false prophets who had ensnared the people of Israel with their charming words.  God got fed up with them and told them He would set His people free and they would come out like birds from a cage.  I had a picture of birds flying out of a cage as fast and as free as they could get, doing what they were designed to do, flying high and soaring instead of being in bondage.

Application:

My application today is to pray that those I minister to would be truly set free like birds from a cage.  I want to see people released from the power of sin and Satan and truly set free.  I want to see them live as they were designed to live, free and happy and full of life and joy.  I want to align myself with God and see the captives set free.  As I go to Ghana today, I want to see the captives released, healed, and brought into their destinies in Christ.

Prayer:

Father, work in and through my life.  Use me to open the cages and set people free to soar in life.  I avail myself to You and ask You to flow through me to release those in prison to sin, sickness and suffering.  My heart’s desire is to see liberty for those in bondage.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment