Thursday, July 11, 2019

You Did Not Abandon Them

Scripture:

“They refused to obey and did not remember the miracles you had done for them. Instead, they became stubborn and appointed a leader to take them back to their slavery in Egypt. But you are a God of forgiveness, gracious and merciful, slow to become angry, and rich in unfailing love. You did not abandon them,”
‭‭Nehemiah‬ ‭9:17‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

When the people of Israel heard the Law of God being read by Ezra, they repented and were in tears as it was read all the way through and explained to the people.  They stood for hours while the Law was being read.  In the reading, they realized that their forefathers had abandoned the God who had done so much for them.  Even though they refused to obey God and didn’t remember all His miracles, God still did not abandon them.

Application:

God is described above as being a God of forgiveness, gracious and merciful, slow to become angry, and rich in unfailing love.  You are that and so much more!  Thank You for not abandoning us when we mess up and go our own way.  Thank You for Your unfailing love for Your people.  Because of Your unfailing love, I want to serve You well in my generation.  

Prayer:

Help me God, to respond to Your incredible faithfulness by living a life that pleases and honors You.  I want my life to bring You praise.  Empower me to live how You want me to.  Help me to lead Your people well and to be an example of Your faithfulness.  You are amazing and I want to be more like You.  Bless my life and provide for the needs of my family today.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment