Tuesday, July 2, 2019

The Test

Scripture:

“However, when ambassadors arrived from Babylon to ask about the remarkable events that had taken place in the land, God withdrew from Hezekiah in order to test him and to see what was really in his heart.”
‭‭2 Chronicles‬ ‭32:31‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God was with Hezekiah in a big way.  He defeated Hezekiah’s enemies and the armies of those against him.  God worked powerfully during Hezekiah’s reign.  When things were going incredibly good, the Lord tested Hezekiah by withdrawing from him for a period.  The Bible says this was to test his heart.

Application:

Sometimes, when God seems far away, it may be a test of our heart to see if we will continue to serve Him when it seems He isn’t right there with us.  We need to understand that there are always tests in the kingdom of God to see where we are in our relationship.  The more mature a person gets, the less guidance they need in the natural and in the spiritual. Sometimes God wants to see if we have grown up and withdrawals from us for a season to see if we are mature.

Prayer:

God, let me pass this test.  I love Your presence and never want to be apart from it.  I also realize that You will sometimes let me walk through a wilderness to see where I am in walking by faith and not by sight.  Help me to pass the tests and to trust You completely, when I see You working and when I don’t.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment