Wednesday, July 17, 2019

The Privilege of Suffering For Christ

Scripture:

“For God has graciously given you the privilege not only to believe in Christ, but also to suffer for him. For you have been called by him to endure the conflict in the same way I have endured it—for you know I’m not giving up.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭1:29-30‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

Paul is telling the Philippians that they are going to be called on to suffer like he was suffering, in prison.  He told them this was a privilege they were called to endure and reminded them that they knew he wouldn’t give up.  Paul saw suffering for Christ to be a privilege because in that moment we are more like Christ.

Application:

We must present a balanced Gospel.  It is an honor to suffer for Christ.  We like to know our rights and privileges as children of God.  There are many that are too incredible for words, but suffering for Christ should be one on our list.  Sometimes we have to endure some things unfairly, it just means we are becoming for like Jesus.  Jesus was falsely accused and went like a lamb to the slaughter.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are incredible.  Help me to represent Jesus well with my life today.  Teach me to walk in Your blessings and in the path You have planned for me.  Help me to walk as Christ did in every area.  Open my ears and eyes to hear and see You more clearly today.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment