Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Serving Well

Scripture:

“The former governors, in contrast, had laid heavy burdens on the people, demanding a daily ration of food and wine, besides forty pieces of silver. Even their assistants took advantage of the people. But because I feared God, I did not act that way.”
‭‭Nehemiah‬ ‭5:15‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Nehemiah decided he would not take money from the people he was serving to feed his own family.  He didn’t want to burden the people financially.  He was feeding up to 150 people per day in his house, but didn’t burden the people to pay for it.  His reason, “I feared God”.  His fear of God caused him to serve the people extremely well.

Application:

In leadership, our job is to take care of people, not to burden the people with taking care of us.  Like Nehemiah, we should fear God and have proper balance.  One who serves people cannot place large demands on the people they serve.  I need to trust God and believe Him to bless my life in every way.  He is faithful.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to trust You more.  I need a new home in order to serve my family, but I don’t want to be a burden on Your people.  Bless my life so that I can own a home that works for my family situation, yet not be a burden to our church.  Open financial doors and make a way for us to own a home that will work for us as we serve You and Your people.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment