Thursday, July 18, 2019

Others First

Scripture:

“Abandon every display of selfishness. Possess a greater concern for what matters to others instead of your own interests.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭2:4‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

Paul told the Philippians to abandon every display of selfishness and to be more concerned about what matters to others instead of their own selves.  He went on to say that we should have the mind of Christ which laid down His life for others.

Application:

We are to abandon every display of selfishness.  To abandon means to walk away from and to leave it behind.  Instead, we are to be more interested in what matters to others than ourselves.  I need to place others needs and interests above my own and to live a life that blesses others rather than seeking self-pleasure.

Prayer:

Lord, enable me to live a life like You lived.  A life that is more concerned about others than about myself.  I want to walk as You walked and live as You lived on this earth.  Teach me to be see others as valuable as You do.  Help me not to judge others, but to see them for the potential You have placed in them.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment