Saturday, July 20, 2019

Joy Comes Again

Scripture:

“He will once again fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy.”
‭‭Job‬ ‭8:21‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, Job had been complaining about his terrible condition and how he wished he could just die and let it be over.  Bildad told him to continue to seek the Lord because God would once again fill his mouth with laughter and his lips with shouts of joy.

Application:

When going through difficult times, we must realize that there are seasons in life and that we will come through the current season.  Sometimes I tell people like Bildad, “you will laugh again...I promise”.  During the season where it seems everything is falling apart, we need to remind people that God will once again fill their mouths with laughter and their lips with shouts of joy.  It won’t last forever.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to help others who are going through trying times.  Help me to give words of hope and not words of condemnation.  When I am going through tough times, help me to remember that “this too shall pass” and that I will laugh again.  You always bring us through and allow us to laugh again.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment