Monday, July 8, 2019

Humility Before God

Scripture:

“So we fasted and earnestly prayed that our God would take care of us, and he heard our prayer.”
‭‭Ezra‬ ‭8:23‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Ezra was preparing to start worship at the Temple and realized that nobody had really kept themselves clean and pure to serve in the Temple so he got some people together and fasted and earnestly prayed that God would take care of them.  Their prayers were heard, I believe because of their humility.

Application:

I believe there is so much to be said for humbling ourselves before God and acknowledging that without Him and His  blessing, we won’t be able to accomplish what He is asking us to do.  Fasting and prayer, in this context was a way for saying, “God, we need You desperately”.  We need Your blessing on what we are doing, or we are sunk.  God wants us to rely on Him and to trust Him.   He wants us to acknowledge that we can’t do it without Him.

Prayer:

Father, take care of my family, Word of Life, and my region.  I cry out to You and ask You to bless us.  Without Your blessing we have nothing.  You are incredible and I need You in my life.  I want You involved in everything I do and everywhere I go.  I want to do Your will with my life.  Help me to serve You well in my generation.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment