Friday, July 12, 2019

God Turns Things Around

Scripture:

“For they had not provided the Israelites with food and water in the wilderness. Instead, they hired Balaam to curse them, though our God turned the curse into a blessing.”
‭‭Nehemiah‬ ‭13:2‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Nehemiah says here that the Amonites and Moabites were not permitted to enter the Temple because they had hired Baalam to curse the people of Israel.  He goes on to say that God turned the curse into a blessing.  God can take anything the devil wants to do and turn it into a blessing for the people of God.

Application:

I need to be reminded today that God can take anything that is thrown at us and turn it into a blessing.  Our trust is to be in Him, not in defending ourselves or building a case against someone else.  Our eyes must be on the Lord, then He will fight our battles.  No matter what the enemy tries to do in our lives, God is able to turn it around and use it for our good if we remain steadfast in serving Him.

Prayer:

Father, take every curse that has been spoken over me and turn it into a blessing.  Let me serve You well and fulfill Your will for my life.  Let me see the day of your blessing.  Bless me with the home I need for my family.  Let me live above only and not beneath.  Bless my congregation in every way.  Build Your kingdom in and through my life.  Help me to see and hear what You want me to do each day.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment