Thursday, July 4, 2019

Child of Abraham

Scripture:

“And since you’ve been united to Jesus the Messiah, you are now Abraham’s “child” and inherit all the promises of the kingdom realm!”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3:29‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

Galatians is written by Paul because he saw people trying to make non-Jews follow the Jewish Law.  He was writing to express that in Christ we are free from the Law and are to live in the Spirit.  This verse tells us we have been united to Jesus and we are now Abraham’s child and that we inherit all the promises of the kingdom realm.

Application:

We have been adopted into God’s family.  We have full rights to the promises God made to Abraham and the Jewish people throughout the years.  We are in covenant with the Lord and all His promises have been inherited by us.  By faith, I must see myself as an heir to God’s promises and not as a step-child that doesn’t get an inheritance.

Prayer:

Father, thank you for adopting me into Your family.  Thank you for Your covenant with me.  Teach me to walk as Your Son in the full inheritance of all You have given us.  You are amazing and I want to see Your blessings in my life.  Prosper my life like You did for those who have followed You throughout the ages.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment