Tuesday, July 9, 2019

A Great Attitiude

Scripture:

“Early the following spring, in the month of Nisan, during the twentieth year of King Artaxerxes’ reign, I was serving the king his wine. I had never before appeared sad in his presence.”
‭‭Nehemiah‬ ‭2:1‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Nehemiah was the cup bearer for a pagan king.  He knew the Lord, but was serving an ungodly king who had deported him and all of his people from their homes and took them to another country.  If anyone had a right to be angry and have a bad attitude, it was Nehemiah, but the Scripture says he had never appeared sad in the king’s presence.

Application:

Nehemiah received favor from the king because he had a great attitude in serving the king.  We must learn from Nehemiah how important it is to serve others with a great attitude.  I need to serve with a smile and the right heart at all times.  When it is time for favor, I should have some stored up because I have worked with a great attitude in difficult times.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are faithful and reliable.  You are unchanging.  I don’t have to question if you are going to happy, sad, up or down on any particular day.  Help me to be more like You.  Help me to have a great attitude on good days and on bad days.  Help me to always serve with a smile and a right heart.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment