Saturday, March 9, 2019

The Heart of Moses

Scripture:

“But Moses replied, “Are you jealous for my sake? I wish that all the Lord’s people were prophets and that the Lord would put his Spirit upon them all!””
‭‭Numbers‬ ‭11:29‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Moses had just set apart 70 elders who the Lord put His Spirit upon so they could prophesy.  Eldad  and Medad, were not in the 70, but were hungry for God and His Spirit came on them and they began to prophesy.  This brought jealousy and the elders brought the word to Moses that someone he didn’t call was prophesying.  Moses’ reply was “I wish that all the Lord’s people were prophets and that the Lord would put His Spirit upon them all!”

Application:

Rather than being jealous when the Spirit of God is on someone’s life, as a leader I should rejoice and long for the day when all of God’s people have His Spirit on them and are able to prophesy.  As a leader, my goal must be that everyone around me can walk in the Spirit at the same level or greater than I do.  My dream should be that God’s Spirit would be mighty upon all of His people.  I believe the next great move of God is coming through the chairs and not the pulpits.  I believe God is going to raise up people from nowhere who will walk in tremendous anointing.  My job is to pray for it and release it as it comes.

Prayer:

Father, let Your Spirit rest on Your church.  We are called a chosen generation and a royal priesthood.  We area called a holy nation that is set apart for You.  Let Your Spirit come powerfully upon Your people in these days.  Let Your people walk in Your power and grace.  Let the next army of God arise and destroy the works of the devil.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment