Thursday, March 21, 2019

The Blessing of Obedience

Scripture:

“Be careful to obey all my commands, so that all will go well with you and your children after you, because you will be doing what is good and pleasing to the Lord your God.”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭12:28‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God tells His people here to be careful to obey all of His commands.  He adds to it the reason, so that it will all go well with you and your children after you.  He goes on to say that you will be doing what is good and pleasing to the Lord.  In other words, God constantly was telling His people to carefully obey His commands because He wanted to bless them with great favor and an awesome life.

Application:

Over and over God told His people in the OT to carefully obey Him.  We must learn to carefully obey the Lord in every area of our lives.  I want His word written on the tables of my heart and I want to fully obey Him in every area.  I want to walk in His blessings, but also realize that my obedience is the key to my blessings.  I want to learn to obey.

Prayer:

Lord God, help me to do Your will in every part of my life.  I want to walk in Your favor and blessings.  I want my children to be blessed and to see the day of good things.  Forgive me for incomplete obedience.  Show me how to completely and fully obey You.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment