Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Stay on the Path

Scripture:

“Stay on the path that the Lord your God has commanded you to follow. Then you will live long and prosperous lives in the land you are about to enter and occupy.”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭5:33‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Moses told the people of Israel, as he was speaking for the Lord, that they needed to stay on the path God had commanded them.  He promised them that if they would, they would live long and prosperous lives in the Promised Land.  If they did their part, God would do His part and their lives would be blessed and prosperous.

Application:

Every covenant God makes has two parts.  One part is our part, IF we do whatever, THEN He will do what He Promised.  Our goal should be to honor the IFs and follow the Lord with our whole heart, then He will do His part and bless us and prosper us.  I want to walk in the complete and total blessing of the Lord.  I want to live a life of complete obedience and I want to live a life in His blessing.

Prayer:

Father, help me to do Your will above all else.  Help me to do my part of the IF so that You can do Your part of the THEN.  Teach me obedience in all areas.  Show me Your will and then empower me to do it.  I am Yours.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment