Friday, March 22, 2019

Set Apart

Scripture:

“You have been set apart as holy to the Lord your God, and he has chosen you from all the nations of the earth to be his own special treasure.”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭14:2‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, God says that Israel was set apart as holy to the Lord and they were chosen from all the nations of the earth to be his own treasure.  IN the New Covenant, we are grafted in to the lineage of Abraham and these words apply to us if we are His people.  Peter tells us that we are a chosen generation and a royal priesthood.  He goes on to call us God’s own special treasure.

Application:

I need to remember that God has chosen me to be His own special treasure.  He has plans for my life and I need to follow Him with my whole heart.  I also must see those around me who are also part of God’s family as God’s own special treasure.  God values people and I must do the same.  I can’t call common what God has called uncommon.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to honor Your people.  Help me to value what You value and esteem highly what You esteem highly.  Help me not to see people only from a human perspective, but from Your perspective.  Teach me to love people like You love people.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment