Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Exactly

Scripture:

“So the people of Israel did everything as the Lord had commanded Moses. Each clan and family set up camp and marched under their banners exactly as the Lord had instructed them.”
‭‭Numbers‬ ‭2:34‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

The people of Israel did everything the Lord commanded Moses.  They marched, exactly as the Lord had instructed them.  They didn’t listen to the Lord, then determine how they would adapt what He wanted to fit their surroundings, they did exactly what He said to do.  Their precision was not in fulfilling their plans, but their precision was in doing EXACTLY what God had commanded.

Application:

I am guilty of getting and idea from the Lord and then trying to think of ways to make it work better or thinking of reasons why it wouldn’t work.  The people of Israel did EXACTLY what the Lord told them to do and were blessed for it.  I need to stop trying to fix the ideas the Lord gives me and do exactly what He says.  In order to do that, I need to hear EXACTLY what He wants me to do.

Prayer:

Father, open my ears to hear what You want me to do and give me a heart that won’t budge on what You said.  Help me to follow You wholeheartedly.  Show me the areas that I am modifying what You wanted me to do and help me to implement all that You want me to.  Guide my life Lord every day.  Open my ears to hear Your voice clearly and give me a heart to follow You completely.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment