Friday, March 15, 2019

Don’t Make Vows You Cannot Keep


Scripture:

“A man who makes a vow to the Lord or makes a pledge under oath must never break it. He must do exactly what he said he would do.”
‭‭Numbers‬ ‭30:2‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God is very clear here about the making of vows to the Lord.  He says if we make one, we are to do exactly what we said we would do.  We must never break a vow.  Jesus told us to let our yes be yes and our no be no.  When we say something, we are to follow through on it.

Application:

Many times our heart wants to do something and we let our lips say it.  I must learn to refrain from making promises I can’t keep.  God takes this very seriously, and I need to be stronger in my resolve not to make vows I can’t keep.  Many times my heart wants to do more than my body and mind are able to do and I overcommit, then I have to break a promise.  I need to work on this.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to not make a promise unless I know I can follow through on it.  Teach me to honor my word and follow through on the words I speak.  Let my yes and yes and my no be no.  I don’t want to make promises I cannot keep.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment