Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Complete Obedience

Scripture:

“Then Moses raised his hand and struck the rock twice with the staff, and water gushed out. So the entire community and their livestock drank their fill. But the Lord said to Moses and Aaron, “Because you did not trust me enough to demonstrate my holiness to the people of Israel, you will not lead them into the land I am giving them!””
‭‭Numbers‬ ‭20:11-12‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Moses was told by the Lord to speak to the rock and water would flow out of it.  God Told him exactly what he was suppose to do, but Moses did it his own way.  Instead of speaking to the rock, Moses struck the rock twice, and was not allowed to enter the Promised Land because of it.

Application:

When God speaks, we need to listen and obey completely.  I’ve heard it said that partial obedience is disobedience.  Sometimes when I hear the Lord speak something, I will partially obey instead of doing exactly what I hear from Him.  I want to fully obey God every single time.  I want to walk in the blessings of complete obedience.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to obey You completely.  Help me not to short cut things or do my own will instead of Yours.  First, I want to hear Your voice clearly, then I want to obey fully.  Help me to hear better and obey better.  I want to represent You well on the earth.  I want to see the day of Your power flowing mightily in my life, but I realize that complete obedience is necessary.  Help me to get there.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment