Friday, March 8, 2019

Chosen

Scripture:

““Of all the people of Israel, the Levites are reserved for me. I have claimed them for myself in place of all the firstborn sons of the Israelites; I have taken the Levites as their substitutes.”
‭‭Numbers‬ ‭8:16‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Rather than just having the firstborn son of every Israelite, the Lord chose the Levites for Himself.  They were to represent the people before the Lord and were to be set apart from every other tribe because they were to serve the Lord completely.  God wanted a group of people who would be completely His.

Application:

In the New Testament, we are called a chosen generation and a royal priesthood.  In the New Testament, God is still looking for a people who will be completely His.  From the beginning, God has desired a people who would be completely dedicated to Him.  Jesus gave us that provision with His blood on the cross.  Now we are a priesthood of all believers.  I need to see myself as completely set apart for the things of God.  I want to be totally His.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are incredible and it is an honor to serve You.  I want to be completely Yours.  I want to serve You well in my generation.  Walk with me and talk with Me.  Share Your heart with me and let me do Your will at all times.  Let me clearly hear Your voice and I will respond.  Draw me nearer to You daily.  I am Yours.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment