Friday, December 7, 2018

Help from the Helper

Scripture:

“Do what is good and run from evil so that you may live! Then the Lord God of Heaven’s Armies will be your helper, just as you have claimed.”
‭‭Amos‬ ‭5:14‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Amos declares that Israel had abandoned God and was putting their trust in themselves and the work of their own hands.  They were not acting in justice and righteousness.  God said to them through Amos to do good and run from evil so they would live and then God, the Lord of Heaven’s Armies would be their helper.

Application:

I want the Lord of Heaven’s Armies to be on my side and being my helper.  I need His intervention in my life in every area.  I desire the Lord to work with me and not against me.  Therefore, I must do good and run from evil.  I need to run from anything that doesn’t look like God and anything that looks like sin or is obedience.  I want to walk in the strong blessing of God, which comes on obedience.

Prayer:

Lord of Heaven’s Armies, I want to walk with You and work with You.  I want to be one with You.  I want You to flow in and through my life.  Help me to live a life of doing good and running from evil. Teach me to follow Your ways with all my heart, soul, mind and strength.  I am Yours.  Lead me I pray.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment