Tuesday, December 11, 2018

God’s Love for the Lost

Scripture:

“Then the Lord said, “You feel sorry about the plant, though you did nothing to put it there. It came quickly and died quickly. But Nineveh has more than 120,000 people living in spiritual darkness, not to mention all the animals. Shouldn’t I feel sorry for such a great city?””
‭‭Jonah‬ ‭4:10-11‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God made a plant quickly to protect Jonah from the sun.  The next day, God took the plant away and had it eaten.  Jonah complained about it and God told him, “You feel sorry about the plant, though you did nothing to put it there... But Nineveh has more than 120,000 people living in spiritual darkness, not to mention all the animals.  Shouldn’t I feel sorry for such a great city?”

Application:

God loves lost people.  He doesn’t want any to perish, but all to come to repentance.  He will go out of His way to bring lost people to Himself.  He will even offend us, to get them saved.  I need to love lost people with the same passion the Lord loves lost people.  I must have a heart to see them saved like He does.

Prayer:

Father, give me Your heart for lost people.  Help me in my personal witness and evangelism.  Teach me to love the way You love.  Help me not to make excuses about building Your kingdom, but to do it with all my heart.  I want to reach more souls for You.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment