Monday, December 3, 2018

God Gives Back

Scripture:

“The Lord says, “I will give you back what you lost to the swarming locusts, the hopping locusts, the stripping locusts, and the cutting locusts. It was I who sent this great destroying army against you.”
‭‭Joel‬ ‭2:25‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God is speaking through Joel and tells HIs people that they have wandered far away from Him and His ways.  They had decided to do their own thing and He was turning His back on them.  Even when He was Turning His back, He had a plan for their restoration.  God always has a plan of restoration.  He may allow some stuff to happen because of our disobedience, but He always gives back.

Application:

When we fail God and don’t come through on our part of the Covenant, God is always there waiting for us like the father of the prodigal son.  He will allow us to see their results of our choices, but then waits with open arms and says, “I will give back what you lost”, when we turn to Him completely.  May we always be quick to repent when we get off track.   He wants to bless us when we do.

Prayer:

Lord, teach me to walk with You completely.  When I mess up, help me to be quick to repent, knowing Your amazing heart to restore.  You are incredibly faithful, help me to be more like You in wevery area of life.  I want to show Your glory in and through my life.  Help me to treat others like You treat me and them.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment