Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Flourish in Me

Scripture:

“For all who obey his commands find their lives joined in union with him, and he lives and flourishes in them. We know and have proof that he constantly lives and flourishes in us, by the Spirit that he has given us.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭3:24‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, John tells us that all who obey God’s commands, which he described earlier as loving one another, find themselves joined in union with Christ.  He goes on to say that Christ lives and flourishes in them.  The Spirit is proof that Christ is living and flourishing in us.

Application:

I don’t want Jesus just to live in me.  I want Him to flourish!  When something is flourishing, it is growing and healthy.  When I think of flourishing, I think of something that has good soil and can grow in the right environment.  When I obey His commands to love God first and foremost and to love my other brothers and sisters, my spiritual life can flourish.

Prayer:

Jesus, I want You to flourish in my life.  I want to live a life that welcomes You and prepares a place for You and Your wishes to flourish.  Help me to love God with all my heart and to love my neighbor completely.  I want You to flourish in my life.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment