Thursday, December 6, 2018

Agreeing with God

Scripture:

“Can two people walk together without agreeing on the direction?”
‭‭Amos‬ ‭3:3‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

I have often used this verse to talk about a team going the same direction as a leadership principle, but have never really looked at the context.  God is really saying that Israel was about to be judged because they had not walked in agreement with God.  They had not been walking in God’s direction.

Application:

God wants us to walk with Him, but we can’t walk with Him unless we agree on the direction.  You can’t walk with God going your own direction.  He sets the direction and we walk with Him.  He wants to set our course and it is our job to agree with His will for our lives and to walk together toward His will.  I want to walk. In agreement with God and His direction for my life.

Prayer:

Lord, we can’t walk together unless we agree on the direction.  I don’t want to tell You the direction I need to go, but want You to set my course and show me where I need to be.  I give myself to You again this morning and say, “Thy Kingdom come and Thy will be done” in my life, my future, my plans, and my direction.  Lead me and I will follow.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment