Saturday, May 19, 2018

Would Have - Hard Words

Scripture:

II Samuel 12:8 "I gave you your master's house and his wives and the kingdoms of Israel and Judah.  And if that had not been enough, I would have given you much, much, more."

Observation:

God was speaking to David through Nathan the prophet after David had Uriah killed and had taken Bathsheba to be his wife.  God told David that He had given him so much, and would have given him much, much more, but he sinned horribly by taking Bathsheba. 

Application:

I don't ever want to hear the Lord say, "I would have given you much, much more, but..."  I don't want to hear the Lord say He would have blessed me much much more if I had been obedient and done what He asked me.  I want to hear "well done"  not "I would have".  I want to live a life of obedience where God blesses with much much more.

Prayer:

Father, help me to follow You completely.  Teach me to walk with you and obey Your voice above every other voice in my life.  Give me a strong back to say "yes" to the right things" and "no" to the wrong things.  Guide me Holy Spirit.  I am Yours.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment