Monday, May 14, 2018

Value Lives

Scripture:

I Samuel 26:24 "Now may the Lord value my life, even as I have valued yours today.  May he rescue me from all my troubles."

Observation:

David refused to kill Saul, who was chasing him down to kill him.  David refused because he didn't want to take things into his own hands.  He decided to trust God rather than take the king's life.  Since he had valued king Saul's life, he could ask the Lord to value his life.

Application:

Valuing people and trusting God to work in them is huge.  Our job is not to get revenge on everyone who does us wrong, but to love people and value them.  When we do that, our life becomes more valuable.  When we add value to people, our value increases.  We need to learn to add value to people.

Prayer:

Father, help me to add value to those around me.  Today, let me add value to someone.  Let my life become more valuable because I choose to value people.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment