Sunday, May 20, 2018

Trusting God

Scripture:

II Samuel 16:11-12 "The David said to Ahishai and to all his servants, 'My own son in trying to kill me.  Doesn't this relative of Saul have even more reason to do so?  Leave him alone and let him curse, for the Lord has told him to do it.  And perhaps the Lord will see that I am being wronged and will bless me because of these curses,'"

Observation:

David was being attacked and overthrown by his own son and a relative of King Saul was shouting curses at at him.  His reply was to let him curse and leave his son alone because his trust was in the Lord.  He could have easily had both of them killed, but David didn't take matters into his own hands, he let the Lord fight his battles.  He, he trusts the Lord and says that maybe God will see the wrongdoing and bless him for it.  That is trust.

Application:

When we really know God and have walked with him for a long time, we will begin to trust him more and more.  Trust is built by winning battles together.  When enough battles have been won by the Lord, you can trust and believe, He will bring me out of this again.  I want to walk with God is a true and strong trust relationship.  When people try to tear me down, I want to know deep within that God has my back and walk in that confidence like David.

Prayer:

Father, I trust you, but help me to trust You more.  Fight my battles and strengthen my faith.  I want to have that complete, unshakable confidence that David had that You will defend me in every situation.  Move in out church this morning Lord.  Heal, deliver and set free. 

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment