Thursday, May 10, 2018

Fear of People

Scripture:

I Samuel 15:24  "Then Saul admitted to Samuel, 'Yes, I have sinned.  I have disobeyed your instructions and the Lord's command, for I was afraid of the people and did what they demanded.'"

Observation:

Saul admitted to Samuel that he had disobeyed the Lord when the Lord told him to totally destroy the Amalakites.  He was told to destroy everyone and everything.  When they got to it, his men brought back the king and brought back the best of the sheep and cattle to sacrifice to the Lord.  They did what seemed good to them and not what was ordered by God.

Application:

Proverbs says, "There is a way that seems right to a man, but the end thereof is death".  Sometimes we are in positions where we can do things that seem right to us, but they are disobeying God.  Saul admitted he was afraid of the people and what they thought.  We can't be more afraid of people than we are of God.  We must fear God more than anything else.  We cannot allow fear of man to stop us from doing what God wants us to do.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are amazing and I love you with all my heart.  Help me to fear You above all other relationships.  I know obedience is better than sacrifice, but help me to live it out every day.  Help me to over come the fear of people and what they think so that I may walk in complete obedience to You.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment