Thursday, May 17, 2018

Covenant and Anointing

Scripture:
II Samuel 5:3  "So there at Hebron, king David made a covenant before the Lord with all the elders of Israel, and they anointed him king of Israel."

Observation:

When David made a covenant before the Lord with all the elders of Israel, he was anointed king of Israel.  David wasn't anointed king over all Israel until a covenant was made with the elders.  Apparently the two were intertwined in that day so that when you made the covenant, you could be anointed.  We aren't told what the covenant was, but we know it happened before being anointed.

Application:

God anoints those who are in covenant to do his work.  I believe that when God sees you are serious about His work and are in covenant to see His will done in the earth, then you can walk in His anointing.  In others words, the Lord doesn't anoint those who are not serious about his business.  When you walk in covenant, you can also walk in anointing.

Prayer:

Lord, we made a covenant many years ago about my life.  It belongs to You and You alone.  I will go where you open the doors and do what You want me to do as long as I live on this earth.  I am yours!  Help me to walk in a greater level of anointing as I seek to do Your will and not my own in this earth.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment