Saturday, May 5, 2018

Call Me Mara

Scripture:

Ruth 1:20 "Don't call me Naomi, she said, Instead call me Mara, for the Almighty has made life very bitter for me".

Observation:

Naomi had just come back home to her people.  Her husband and both sons had died and life wasn't going very well.  When she returned, her people called her Naomi, which means "pleasant", but she wanted to be call Mara, which means, "bitter".  Things had been difficult for her and it affected how she saw her life.  All along, God had a plan to bless her and take care of her, but in the moment it felt bitter.

Application:

We can't be controlled by our circumstances, but must be controlled by our God.  We can't allow our circumstances to determine whether we are going to have a good and prosperous life.  We can't call ourselves bitter, when God has named us pleasant.  When going through bad times, we must remember that God always has a plan.  It may not be comfortable right now, but He will bring us through and take care of us.   Instead of getting bitter, we should get better.

Prayer:

Father, help me to see life through Your eyes.  Help me not to get bitter when things go bad, but to know You are in control and that You will make everything good in Your time.  You are faithful.  Help me to put my trust in your faithfulness.  Help me to walk by faith and not by sight.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment