Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Ask the Lord

Scripture:

II Samuel 2:1  "After this, David asked the Lord, 'Should I move back to one of the towns of Judah?'  'Yes', the Lord replied.  The David asked, 'Which town should I go to?'  'To Hebron', the Lord Answered".

Observation:

I love that David has this conversation with God.  He asks a simple question and gets a simple and clear answer.  He asks a second question and gets another very clear answer.  David was called a man after God's own heart.  We know he was a seeker of the Lord and relied completely on the Lord, but he also heard from the Lord very clearly.

Application:

My application today is really just my prayer request.  I want to hear the voice of the Lord more clearly every day.  I am going to pursue Him with all my heart until I get simple, clear answers like David did.  I want to know the Lord intimately and walk with Him according to His ways.

Prayer:

Father, open my ears to hear Your voice and open my eyes to see what You are doing in the earth.  I will seek You until I find You and hear Your voice clearly.  Help me to stay on this relentless pursuit and to continue to seek You.  You have promised that you would be found my me when I seek with all my heart.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment