Friday, May 11, 2018

Anointing Jealousy

Scripture:

I Samuel 18:12  "Saul was then afraid of David, for the Lord was with David and had turned away from Saul."

Observation:

Saul realized he had lost the presence of the Lord and that David was walking in it.  Saul realized David had the anointing of God in his life and he was lacking it.  It was evident who was now anointed, but rather than seek the Lord for his anointing back, Saul attacked David.

Application:

It is easy in leadership to see the anointing on someone's life and get jealous, nervous, etc.  When you lead and others begin to get recognition, it is hard not to get jealous and to let them lead.  Our natural tendency is to fight to stay in our position of power, but we must trust God and not the arm of the flesh.  Saul used his power to try to put down David, when he should have been seeking God and repenting.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to be sensitive to You and Your voice in my life.  Show me when I am jealous of others anointing.  Help me to walk in confidence in my relationship with You and to humbly do Your will.  Teach me how to empower leaders who are stronger than I am and not to run them away because of my insecurity.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment