Thursday, January 11, 2018

The Power of a Smile

Scripture:

Genesis 33:10 "But Jacob insisted, 'No if I have found favor with you, please accept this gift from me.  And what a relief to see your friendly smile.  It is like seeing the face of God.'"

Observation:

Jacob had fled for his life from his brother Esau many years prior to this and expected a bad situation when he tried to return.  He had gone out of his way to try to appease his brother by sending gifts ahead of him.  When he finally saw his brother, he was greeted with a smile and it was to Jacob "like seeing the face of God".

Application:

A smile is  very powerful thing.  A smile has the ability to change people's day.  A smile lets people know everything is okay.  A smile can lighten a difficult situation.  For some people we run into, a smile might be like seeing the face of God.  We need to smile more.  As a believer, I have a lot to smile about and I know I need to smile more.  I use to have a contagious smile, but have let it fade.

Prayer:

God, give me my smile back.  Help me to enjoy life again and to stop being so pre-occupied that I forget to smile at those I am communicating with.  When people see me, may they say, "It is like seeing the face of God."

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment